David Schlossberg has more than 35 years of experience counseling clients in the full range of trust and estate planning matters, administration of estates and other tax-related matters. His in-depth knowledge and understanding of the issues surrounding the protection and distribution of wealth help ensure that clients meet not just their business and financial objectives, but their personal goals as well. David served as the managing director of the firm from 1997-2014.
David represents many high-profile individuals, including business owners, entrepreneurs and corporate executives, as well as family businesses, corporations and foundations. As part of his practice, David advises his clients in proactive ways to reduce the tax consequences associated with wealth and inheritance, including the federal, state and local tax implications associated with transfers of assets. He regularly provides counsel on the most effective use of wealth management tools, such as charitable and non-charitable trusts, family limited partnerships, limited liability companies and foundations. He also works closely with clients to develop strategies that address long-term business objectives, including succession plans.
In addition to providing strategic counsel, David drafts all related trust and estate instruments, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney and living wills. He also supervises the preparation and filing of all necessary estate tax returns and will represent the estate in the audit of the tax returns.
David lectures on estate planning and other estate- and tax-related matters. He is the author of numerous articles, two of which were published in the Journal of Taxation. In addition to obtaining his law degree and masters in taxation, David is a certified public accountant.
- New York University School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation, 1983)
- Seton Hall Law School (J.D., 1979)
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (M.B.A., 1975)
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (B.A., 1974)
- New Jersey
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates (2007-2019)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, Estate Planning & Probate, Tax: Business (2005-2006, 2011-2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
- American Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey State Bar Association