Catherine Wells is a commercial litigator with more than 25 years of experience representing management in all types of employment-related matters, including wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour issues and other business-related torts. In addition to regularly appearing before the state and federal courts in New Jersey, Catherine routinely handles matters before numerous administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Commission, United States Department of Labor, New Jersey Division on Civil Rights and other administrative agencies.
In addition to her litigation practice, she counsels employers in connection with the development and implementation of employment policies, training programs and other workforce management issues.
Catherine graduated cum laude from Seton Hall University and magna cum laude from Seton Hall Law School, where she was a member of the Constitutional Law Journal.
- Seton Hall Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1990)
- Seton Hall University (B.A., cum laude, 1987)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Mentor of the Year Award, New Jersey Law Journal (2020)
- Trustee of Justice award, Tri-County Scholarship Fund (2019)
- Chambers USA, New Jersey Labor & Employment (2011-2020)
- Best 50 Women in Business, NJBIZ (2009)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, Employment & Labor, Civil Litigation: Defense (2005, 2008-2020)
- The Top 50 Women, New Jersey Super Lawyers (2010-2014)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Labor Law - Management (2014-2020), Employment Law - Management (2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Essex County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, Former Executive Board Member
- Prevent Child Abuse - NJ, Board of Directors, President
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, Executive Board, Former Member