Brian J. Kim is a counsel in the firm’s Corporate and Securities Group. Brian is experienced in representing public and private companies, private equity and venture capital clients in mergers and acquisitions matters, including acquisitions, dispositions, mergers and joint ventures. Brian also has broad experience in a variety of corporate and transactional matters, including investments in emerging ventures, corporate governance matters, and general day-to-day corporate and transactional matters.
Brian has also represented investment banks and other financial institutions in their roles as financial advisors in public M&A transactions.
Brian began his legal career in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, and practiced in the New Jersey office of Day Pitney LLP immediately prior to joining the firm.
Brian earned his J.D. from Columbia Law School, and his B.A from University of Toronto.
- Columbia Law School (J.D., 2009)
- University of Toronto (B.A., 2006)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Represented a small-to-mid-cap private equity firm in an acquisition of a portfolio company in the construction services industry
- Represented a mid-cap private equity firm in an acquisition of a portfolio company in the plastic manufacturing industry
- Represented a publicly traded health care company in a joint venture relating to operation of Texas health care facilities
- Represented a publicly traded beverage company in a hybrid technology development/potential equity investment transaction involving a startup technology company
- Represented real estate investment firm in various real estate joint ventures located in the United States and Mexico
- Represented venture capital firm in a down-round convertible debt financing transaction relating to a startup company
- Represented a publicly traded brand management company in a series of joint venture transactions with international partners located in China, Middle East and Japan
- Represented investment banks and financial institutions in connection with financial advisory engagements relating to public M&A transactions
- Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch," Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2021)