Arthur Goldstein practices in the areas of banking, commercial and estate litigation, and white collar criminal law. In addition to serving as special counsel for complex litigation for Somerset County, Arthur serves as court-appointed counsel and represents private clients in connection with substantial estate, probate and guardianship matters, as well as complex commercial litigation.
Arthur regularly represents professionals and professional organizations in a wide range of matters, including professional negligence, misconduct and malpractice claims, shareholder disputes, and fee contests.
Before entering private practice, Arthur held the positions of law secretary to Associate Justice Worral F. Mountain of the New Jersey Supreme Court from 1973 to 1974; assistant U.S. attorney for the District of New Jersey from 1974 to 1978; and special assistant to the U.S. attorney for the Middle District of Pennsylvania in 1974.
Arthur graduated from Rutgers Law School with high honors and was a member of Phi Alpha Theta while attending Temple University for his undergraduate studies.
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., 1973)
- Temple University (B.A., 1970)
- New Jersey
- New York
Arthur is the recipient of numerous awards, including:
- Anthony Englebrecht Award for Outstanding Scholarship and the Alumni Award for Outstanding Scholarship, Rutgers University Law School (1973)
- Special Commendation for “Outstanding Performances as an Assistant U.S. Attorney” from the Attorney General of the United States (1974)
- Special Achievement Award for “Outstanding Service as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey” (1975)
- Chambers USA, New Jersey Litigation (2009-2017)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, Real Estate Litigation,Trusts & Estates Litigation (2005-2020)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, General Litigation, Business Litigation (2005-2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
- American Bar Association
- Association of the Federal Bar, Former Vice President
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association