Abigail Remore’s practice is dedicated to helping business owners and creatives protect their most valuable assets – their distinctive brands and their creative works.
Abby handles a wide range of intellectual property matters, including litigation, enforcement, counseling, licensing and prosecution of trademark and copyright applications. She has experience in a vast array of industries, including entertainment, music, sports, gaming, apparel, education, publishing, restaurant, food and beverage, hospitality, insurance, accounting, advertising, software and health care, and regularly works with non-profit organizations as well as governmental agencies and authorities. A substantial portion of Abigail’s practice involves litigation of trademark registration disputes before the Trademark Trial & Appeal Board of the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO). She also zealously advocates for her clients in civil cases, including trademark and trade dress infringement, copyright infringement and unfair competition matters and other disputes before the federal courts of New Jersey and New York and throughout the country.
Abby’s significant intellectual property prosecution experience includes conducting trademark clearance searches, successfully guiding trademark applications from initial application to registration, preparing responses to Office Actions and preparing renewal, maintenance and intent to use filings with the USPTO. She also regularly counsels clients regarding the proper protection of their intellectual property assets internationally, and works closely with other members of CSG’s trademark team and our various foreign associates to achieve that goal.
Abigail’s speaking engagements include presentations on trademark and copyright law before the National Association of Professional Women (Morris County Chapter), the Women President’s Organization (Essex County Chapter) and Ellevate Network (Northern New Jersey Chapter).
Abby earned her J.D. cum laude from Seton Hall Law School with a concentration in intellectual property law, where she was senior contributor and on the symposium committee for the Journal of Sports and Entertainment Law, served as the president of the Entertainment and Sports Law Society and participated in the International Intellectual Property Law summer study abroad program. She received her B.S. in kinesiology with highest honors from the University of Illinois with a minor in political science.
- Seton Hall Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.S., Highest Honors, 2006)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Successfully representing the owners of several restaurants in a trade dress litigation in federal court against an infringer who opened a copycat location.
- Representing several high-profile musicians and bands in connection with trademark registration disputes and enforcement efforts.
- Representing one of the world’s leading video game developers in connection with numerous trademark registration disputes around the world.
- Obtaining summary judgment dismissing claims of copyright infringement against an international hotel management company in multi-million dollar case involving numerous co-defendants.
- Representing a government agency to protect and enforce their trademark rights in numerous proceedings before the Trademark Trial & Appeal Board and federal courts.
- Represented a major consumer goods company in the licensing of the trademarks and recipes for a line of its frozen dessert products.
- Represented a well-known chef and restauranteur in connection with the franchising of restaurants in France and Japan.
- Negotiated franchise and license agreements for barbecue restaurants in Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Dubai and the Philippines.
- NJBIZ - Forty Under 40 (2020)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, Intellectual Property (2018-2020)
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association (Co-Secretary, 2020; Young Lawyers Committee Co-Director, 2016-2018; Grants/Charitable Giving Co-Director, 2018-2020; Gala Committee, 2018-2020)