Ross Pearlson is an accomplished litigator with over 30 years of experience in complex civil litigation and white collar criminal investigations and prosecutions, with an emphasis on health care and securities matters.
Ross has successfully represented corporations and individuals in criminal investigations brought by the United States Attorney’s Office, the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Attorney General’s Offices for the States of New York and New Jersey. Ross has represented clients in cases involving allegations of insider trading, kickbacks, public corruption, insurance fraud and Medicare and Medicaid fraud. His clients range from major international and domestic corporations, investment banks and accounting firms to securities firms, broker-dealers, hospitals, surgery centers and other health care businesses and providers. Ross has also been retained by several Fortune 500 companies to conduct internal investigations into allegations of misconduct.
Ross has also handled a wide variety of diverse matters involving civil litigation in state and federal courts. He regularly handles cases involving shareholder oppression, restrictive covenants, unfair competition and other commercial torts and contract disputes, consumer fraud, Insurance Fraud Prevention Act and RICO claims, and securities and other class action litigation. His courtroom experience includes extensive motion practice and hearings and numerous civil and criminal trials and arbitrations.
Prior to joining the firm, Ross was a member of the Litigation Department of Sills Cummis & Gross PC, where he focused on corporate internal investigations, white collar crime and litigation. Ross also served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Eastern District of New York, prosecuting federal felony cases involving mail, wire and securities fraud, and RICO violations, among others. His success as a federal prosecutor earned him the Director’s Award from Attorney General Janet Reno for Sustained Superior Performance as an Assistant United States Attorney.
Ross is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, the premier association for the Trial Bar in North America which is reserved for the top 1% of trial lawyers in any state or province.
- Harvard Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1987)
- Wesleyan University (B.A., with high distinction, 1983)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Chambers USA, New Jersey Litigation: General Commercial (2018-2019)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, Criminal Defense: White Collar, Securities Litigation (2010-2019)
- New York Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, Criminal Defense: White Collar, Securities Litigation (2014-2019)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, Health Care Law, Regulatory Enforcement Litigation, Securities Litigation (2013-2020)
- Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year," Litigation - Securities, New Jersey (2020)
- Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year," Regulatory Enforcement Litigation, New Jersey (2016, 2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
- The Fellows of the American Bar Foundation
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Criminal Justice Sections
- Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey, Trustee
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member, Class Action Litigation Committee
- New Jersey Supreme Court Civil Practice Committee (2012-2014)
- New York Council of Defense Lawyers
- New York State Bar Association
- Anti-Defamation League, Chairman and Member, New Jersey Regional Advisory Board
- NJ LEEP, Advisory Board Member
- Temple B'nai Abraham, Trustee