The fast-paced, high stakes and sensitive nature of bankruptcy litigation demands sophisticated legal counsel with a nimble, strategic mindset. When the constituents affected by a corporate bankruptcy seek recovery, how do you – as one of many creditors – secure a favorable outcome?
Comprised of powerhouse trial lawyers and several of the region’s most respected bankruptcy attorneys, CSG’s Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Litigation Team is well-positioned to aggressively pursue your interests both in and out of court. Our attorneys take pride in delivering rapid responses to fast-moving bankruptcy challenges to help clients secure a seat at the table and maximize their recoveries.
Clients – both secured and unsecured creditors – turn to CSG for representation on a variety of matters, including:
- Claim allowance disputes
- Commercial foreclosures
- Enforcement of defaulted commercial loans and guarantees
- Loan sales
- Pre-litigation workouts and restructurings
- Sale/acquisition of distressed debt and assets
- Post-petition financing and cash collateral matters
- Representation of sureties in bankruptcy matters
- Plan negotiation and contested plan confirmation issues
- Avoidance action litigation, including preference and fraudulent transfer matters
- Federal appellate practice
The team’s attorneys work closely with the rest of the firm to counsel clients on corporate, environmental, tax, intellectual property, labor and real estate matters pertinent to reorganization. This cross-disciplinary approach allows us to address the range of legal issues every bankruptcy presents.
Members of the team are regularly recognized among New Jersey’s leading bankruptcy and creditors’ rights and litigation practitioners by Chambers USA and New Jersey Super Lawyers.