The nearly $15 billion recovered by the Department of Justice in False Claims Act (FCA) settlements and judgements since 2015 highlights the importance of proactive counsel for companies that conduct business with the U.S. government. As the FCA continues to evolve, and State Attorneys General increasingly pursue similar enforcement actions, the significance of sound legal advice and aggressive defense is compounded many times over.
Primarily composed of former federal prosecutors, CSG’s False Claims Act team brings a regulator’s perspective on the decision-making process and strategy put to work in FCA litigation. Our attorneys are routinely engaged to defend lawsuits filed under the FCA, conduct internal investigations and respond to government inquiries.
We have represented businesses across myriad industries faced with FCA investigations brought by the Department of Justice (DOJ), as well as the prominent New York and New Jersey Attorney General's Offices. While our greatest successes include the many significant cases that were quietly resolved outside of public view, some of our recent matters have included:
- Representing generic pharmaceutical company in criminal and civil false claims investigations being conducted by the United States Department of Justice and the U.S. Attorney’s Office relating to the company’s compliance with the Trade Agreements Act.
- Serving as counsel for a leading jewelry designer in a FCA investigation by the Department of Justice.
- Serving as counsel for a leading New York automobile dealership in a FCA investigation by the New York Attorney General.
- Represented a national environmental testing laboratory in a false claims investigation conducted by the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office.
- Represented a large construction company in a false claims investigation being conducted by the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office.